Powerful Voices in the Press
Powerful Voices has been fortunate to receive recognition and support for its programs in local and regional media. You can link to current and past media coverage here.
City Living Seattle
Powerful Voices is featured in City Living Seattle.
KIXI 880 AM Radio - Chat With Women
Volunteer Amanda Rubeck, talking about why she volunteers with Powerful Voices (starts at 14:20) and Molly Pencke, our Program Manager, talking about what we do (starts at 30:02) - Chat With Women.
Puget Sound Business Journal
Tanya Kim is featured in her role as incoming Executive Director-- the Puget Sound Business Journal.
Seattle Post Intelligencer
Silja Talvi discusses her 2007 book Women Behind Bars in the Seattle PI.
Powerful Voices is cited in an an article about helping girls in detention -- the Seattle PI.
Powerful Voices Board Member Melanie Roberson is profiled in an article about the changing demographics of non-profit boards of directors -- the Seattle Times.
In These Times
Silja J.A. Talvi visits a juvenile detention facility with Powerful Voices and talks about incarceration and teenage girls. Convict Nation.
More teenagers are in detention than ever before, sorely at risk of becoming trapped in the criminal justice system. one journalist tells you why you should give a damn. By Silja J.A. Talvi. Girls Behind Bars.
Seattle Post-Intelligencer's Readers Care Fund
Since 2001, Powerful Voices has been a proud recipient of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer's readers Care Fund donations.
- 2007 Readers Care Fund articles:
- December 12, 2006: Powerful Voices gives girls a huge power boost
- 2006 Readers Care Fund articles:
- January 19, 2006: Living Diary gives girls a powerful voice
- 2005 Readers Care Fund articles:
- December 26, 2005: Girls work together to change the world
- December 14, 2005: Agency helps girls find their voices
- November 21, 2005: Powerful Voices becomes powerful ally for teenage girls
- December 14, 2005: Girls find strength through Powerful Voices
- 2004 Readers Care Fund articles:
- November 23, 2004: Readers Care Fund profile: Powerful Voices
- November 23, 2004: Readers Care Fund: Teens in detention find someone cares
- December 17, 2004: Power of 'been there' helps girls in trouble
- December 22, 2004: Powerful Voices uses donations to help teenagers on the journey
- 2003 Readers Care Fund articles:
- November 28, 2003: Readers Care Fund: Amy Moline shares compassion with troubled youths
- December 8, 2003: Powerful Voices helps girls see strengths
- January 7, 2004: Small donations make powerful voice