Since completing its first assignment in 1995 - a county-wide needs assessment on behalf of the King County Women’s Advisory Board - Powerful Voices has been recognized for its valuable work in the area of supporting adolescent girls during a crucial period in their lives.
Powerful Voices measures success by the changes created in girls lives as we work toward a vision of Girl Justice, where girls and their community come together to advocate for justice and equity. As a social justice organization, we believe that success begins by living out our values of safety, diversity, justice, innovation and integrity in all of the work that we do.
- 2000 - National Juvenile Justice Award from Juvenile Court Centennial Initiative
- 2004 - Outstanding Agency Award from the City of Seattle Human Services Department
- 2004 - Pathfinder Award from Puget Sound Association of Phi Beta Kappa
- 2004 - Exceptional Program Award from NW Girls Coalition
- 2005 - Race and Social Justice Award from Mayor Greg Nickels and Seattle’s Department of Neighborhoods
- 2011 - Commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement Award from the Raikes Foundation
- 2012 - Innovative Program Award from the Seattle Human Services Coalition